Design and create beautiful solutions the usage of modern development tools for SharePoint Online
- Get the most efficient out of the contemporary Sharepoint Framework and leverage the Sharepoint RESTful and JSOM APIs.
- Get the most efficient tips and tricks on designing your website flawlessly.
SharePoint is one of Microsoft’s best known web platforms. A loyal audience of developers, IT Pros and power users use it to build line of business solutions.
The SharePoint Framework (SPFx) is a great new option for developing SharePoint solutions. Many developers are creating full-believe based solutions or add-in solutions, even as also figuring out where and how SPFx fits in the big picture.
This book shows you how design, build, deploy and manage SPFx based solutions for SharePoint Online and SharePoint 2016.
The book starts by getting you familiar with the basic capabilities of SPFx. After that, we can walk through the tool-chain on how to best create production-ready solutions that may be easily deployed manually or fully automated all through your target Office 365 tenants.
We describe how to configure and use Visual Studio Code, the de facto development environment for SPFx-based solutions. Next, we provide guidance and a solid approach to packaging and deploying your code.
We also present a straightforward approach to troubleshooting and debugging your code an environment where business applications run on the client side instead of the server side.
What you’ll learn
- Understand what the SharePoint Framework is
- Create modern solutions the usage of the new tools, approaches and frameworks
- Learn how to use Visual Studio Code for effective SharePoint development
- Package and deploy your code, the usage of automation as needed
- Work with content and data stored in SharePoint
- Benefit from third party frameworks with no need to build your own frameworks
- Debug and troubleshoot your code with ease
- Configure security in your application
Table of Contents
- Introducing SharePoint Online for Developers
- Developing Solutions for SharePoint
- Getting Started with the SharePoint Framework
- Building Your First Web Part
- Using Visual Studio Code and Other Editors
- Packaging and Deploying Solutions
- Working with SharePoint Content
- Working with the Web Part Property Pane
- Using React and Office UI Fabric React Components
- Troubleshooting and Debugging SharePoint Framework Solutions
- SharePoint APIs and Microsoft Graph
- The Future of SharePoint Customizations