Build an end-to-end e-commerce and shopping cart application with the latest .NET Core framework
- Explore techniques such as clustering and caching to achieve a reactive and scalable web service
- Use .NET Framework to quickly implement RESTful endpoints
- Learn to implement a client library for a RESTful web service the use of ASP.NET Core
REST is an architectural style that tackles the challenges of building scalable web services. In today’s connected world, APIs have grow to be synonymous with REST as it provides the fabric through which systems can interact. Along with this, ASP .NET Core features such as unified MVC and dependency injection make it easier for developers to build and work on web APIs.
Building RESTful Web Services with .NET Core guides you through the designing of RESTful web services and their implementation the use of the ASP.NET Core framework. You’ll be able to learn about the basic concepts related to REST as well as the steps for designing and implementing an enterprise-grade RESTful web service. The book also demonstrates the power of the latest .NET Core release with MVC and enables you to apply it in your projects. As you progress, you’ll consider how to use the framework to tackle resilience, security, and scalability concerns. Later chapters will focus on how to enhance the workability and performance of your applications. In spite of everything, You’ll be able to get to grips with techniques to manage security in web APIs and discover how to implement unit and integration test strategies.
By the end of this book, you’re going to have learned how to build a client for RESTful web services at the side of a variety of scaling techniques.
What you’re going to learn
- Add basic authentication to your RESTful API
- Create a Carts Controller and Orders Controller to manage and process orders
- Intercept HTTP requests and responses by building your own middleware
- Test service calls the use of Postman and the Advanced REST Client
- Secure your data and application the use of annotations
- Get insights into microservices with ASP .NET Core
Who This Book Is For
This book is for any developer who wants to build RESTful web services with the latest .NET Core framework. Basic knowledge of C# and .NET Core is assumed.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Build Initial Framework – Layout Foundation of Application
- User registration and Administration
- Item catalogue Cart and Checkout
- Integrating external components and handling
- Testing RESTful Web Services
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Securing RESTful Web Services
- Scaling RESTful Services (Performance of Web Services)
- Building a Web Client (Consuming Web Services)
- Introduction to microservices