If you wish to have to get started with AngularJS, either as a side project, an additional tool, or for your main work, this practical guide teaches you how to use this meta-framework step by step, from the basics to advanced concepts. By the end of the book, you’ll be mindful how to develop a large, maintainable, and performant application with AngularJS.
Guided by two engineers who worked on AngularJS at Google, you’ll learn the components needed to build data-driven applications, the use of declarative programming and the Model–view–controller pattern. You’ll also learn to conduct unit tests on each a part of your application.
- Learn how to use controllers for moving data to and from views
- Understand when to use AngularJS products and services instead of controllers
- Communicate with the server to store, fetch, and update data asynchronously
- Know when to use AngularJS filters for converting data and values to different formats
- Implement single-page applications, the use of ngRoute to make a choice views and navigation
- Dive into basic and advanced directives for creating reusable components
- Write an end-to-end test on a live version of your whole application
- Use best practices, guidelines, and tools all over the development cycle