A hands-on guide with a minimalist and flexible approach that enables quick learning and rapid delivery of cloud-ready enterprise applications with Angular 6
- Explore tools and techniques to push your web app to the next level
- Master Angular app design and architectural considerations
- Learn continuous integration and deploy your app on a highly available cloud infrastructure in AWS
Angular 6 for Enterprise-Ready Web Applications follows a hands-on and minimalist approach demonstrating how to design and architect top of the range apps.
The first part of the book is about mastering the Angular platform using foundational technologies. You’ll use the Kanban method to focus on value delivery, communicate design ideas with mock-up tools and build great looking apps with Angular Material. You’ll transform comfortable using CLI tools, understand reactive programming with RxJS, and deploy to the cloud using Docker.
The second part of the book will introduce you to the router-first architecture, a seven-step approach to designing and developing mid-to-large line-of-business applications, along side popular recipes. You’ll learn how to design a solid authentication and authorization experience; explore unit testing, early integration with backend APIs using Swagger and continuous integration using CircleCI. In the concluding chapters, You’ll provision a highly available cloud infrastructure on AWS and then use Google Analytics to capture user behavior.
By the end of this book, You’ll be familiar with the scope of web development using Angular, Swagger, and Docker, learning patterns and practices to be successful as an individual developer on the web or as a team in the Enterprise.
What You’ll learn
- Create full-stack web applications using Angular and RESTful APIs
- Master Angular fundamentals, RxJS, CLI tools, unit testing, GitHub, and Docker
- Design and architect responsive, protected and scalable apps to deploy on AWS
- Adopt a minimalist, value-first approach to delivering your app with Kanban
- Get introduced to automated testing with continuous integration on CircleCI
- Optimize Nginx and Node.js web servers with load testing tools
Who This Book Is For
This book is for developers who want to hopefully deliver high-quality and production-grade Angular apps from design to deployment. We assume that you have prior experience in writing a RESTful API with the tech stack of your choice; if you don’t, you’ll still gain a large number of take pleasure in this book, which makes a speciality of the entire scope of frontend development, from design to deployment!
Table of Contents
- Setting Up Your Development Environment
- Create a Local Weather Web Application
- Prepare Angular App for Production Release
- Staying Up to Date with Angular Updates
- Enhance Angular App with Angular Material
- Reactive Forms and Component Interaction
- Create a Router-First Line-of-Business App
- Continuous Integration and API Design
- Design Authentication and Authorization
- Angular App Design and Recipes
- Highly-Available Cloud Infrastructure on AWS
- Google Analytics and Advanced Cloud Ops